Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Short Note about Leaving


Leaving always brings mixed emotions.

It’s like the end of a book. You’re happy (usually) with the ending, but you’re sad there’s no more excitement left to read. A sense of satisfaction hopefully prevails.

Except for me leaving is just the end of a chapter. That chapter was called Bloomington, and was 4 years of college and 3 years of work. It was a rollercoaster of personal events.
For a week and a half, I’ve been living in a new city that I’ve only ever visited. It’s been a change of scenery, and change of habits. It’s not an exotic city by any means, and it’s not even a change of state. But Indianapolis is the capitol, and a sprawling Midwestern metropolis. And I’m excited to be here.

Writing has taken a back seat as I’ve settled into my new home, explored my surroundings and started the same job at a new store. But I plan to dive back into writing my story and this blog again soon.

I’m happy with this change, and the hopefully new opportunities life here will bring. And I’ll see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment