Sunday, August 3, 2014

Top Ten Authors I Own the Most Books Of

There’s this cool thing that happens in the YA blogging community every Tuesday. It’s hosted by the Broke and the Bookish and called Top Ten Tuesday! They provide a topic and dozens, if not hundreds, of bloggers post on that topic and link up here. I’ve never participated because I post on Sundays and that seems more than fashionably late. However, last week’s topic intrigued me! It had me staring at my bookshelves for a half an hour and gave me a different perspective on my library. So I decided to dive into the fray!
 
1.     I own 12 books by JK Rowling.
All 7 British editions, Tales of Beedle the Bard, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Quidditch through the Ages and the American edition and French edition of Sorcerer’s Stone.
2.     I own 7 books by Scott Westerfeld.
Leviathan, Behemoth, Uglies, Pretties, Specials, Extras and Bogus to Bubbly. I still need Goliath to complete the Leviathan trilogy (one of my favorites, btw). And coincidentally, I just finished the DRC of Afterworlds, which I loved. I’ve never learned so much about the publishing world from a book!
3.     I own 6 books by David Levithan.
Are We There Yet?, Boy Meets Boy, Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares, Naomi & Ely’s No Kiss List, Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist and Wide Awake. I almost missed this one because I shelve the books co-authored with Rachel Cohn under her last name!
4.     I own 5 books by Jane Yolen.
Armageddon Summer, Briar Rose, Dragon’s Blood, Heart’s Blood and A Sending of Dragons. The first two go way back—I’ve owned them since high school!
5.     I own 4 books by Libba Bray
A Great and Terrible Beauty (both hardcover and paperback, the former is signed!), Rebel Angels and The Diviners (also signed!).
6.     I own 4 books by Ally Carter
I’d Tell You I Love You, But Then I’d Have to Kill You, Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy, Don’t Judge a Girl by Her Cover and Only the Good Spy Young. Still need the last two to complete the series! Also, Heist Society is one of my favorite books so why don’t I have it on my shelf?!?
7.     I own 4 books by Cassandra Clare
The Cities: Bones, Ashes, Glass and Fallen Angels. CoFA is signed!
8.     I own 4 books by Sarah Dessen
This Lullaby, Along for the Ride, The Moon and More and a very ancient (in YA terms) copy of Dreamland!  The middle two are signed!
9.     I own 4 books by Anna Godberson
The Luxe quartet: The Luxe, Rumors, Envy and Splendor.
10.  I own 4 books by Aprilynne Pike
 
Wings, Spells, an ARC of Illusions and the start of her newest series, Earthbound. The first and last are signed! I still need Destined to complete the Wings series. Also, I can’t believe I haven’t read Earthquake yet, which came out almost a month ago! It’s next on my list after Landline…


What did I learn by doing this?

1.     My favorite authors aren’t necessarily represented by the books I have on my shelves. JKR will always reign as my favorite author and the rest of the above are high on the list but some of my fantasy favorites are missing, such as Sarah J. Maas (I own three of her books), Marie Rutkoski (I own three of her books) and Laini Taylor (I own one of her books).

2.     My bookshelves represent my reading preferences through the years. I loved Jane Yolen in high school and though she’s an icon of YA, I haven’t read anything of hers recently. Cassandra Clare’s City of Bones trilogy helped spark my love for YA six years ago, but I haven’t dived into anything of hers since Clockwork Angel came out. I devoured Godbersen’s The Luxe series, but it’s been almost four years since I read Bright Young Things.

3.     I own signed books by half the authors in my top ten. I ordered signed copies of Leviathan and City of Fallen Angels. I’ve meet Libba Bray, Sarah Dessen and Aprilynne Pike and have two signed books each by them. I’m more likely to have more of an author’s books if I have the opportunity to get them signed!

Now if only I had a signed Harry Potter… I’d even settle for a signed Cormoran Strike. Just kidding, no I wouldn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment