Sunday, November 16, 2014

Teen Books-to-Movies 2015

It’s almost time for Mockingjay – Part One!!! I’m unbelievably excited, but this post isn’t about my JLaw obsession. It’s about a few upcoming movies based on YA books, which is really becoming a thing (which I’m happy about of course!) The Divergent and Maze Runner adaptations did well in theaters. The Fault in Our Stars movie did outstanding, and of course the Hunger Games movie adaptations can’t be stopped. Here’s the next batch of YA books to movies, some that will surely be hits and some that might, however unfortunate, prove to be misses.
 

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part One
Release Date: SOON! Less than a week! I’m so excited! (BTW, that’s November 21.)

In District 13 after she literally shatters the games forever, Katniss Everdeen works to save Peeta and a nation moved by her courage under the leadership of President Coin and the advice of her trusted friends.

Why I’m Excited: Because the Catching Fire movie cliffhanger was amazing! Peeta’s in the grasp of President Snow and Katniss is in District 13 and I need to know what happens next! Even though I do know, of course, but I want to see what happens next. I have to admit I’m nervous about the cliffhanger that’s surely coming at the end of Mockingjay Part One. Actually, Emma Stone made me nervous about it long ago…

"I feel like if Mockingjay is split into two movies, they’ll end the first one at Katniss and Peeta’s reunion. Like it’ll show him ring her neck and Boggs punch him and then boom credits and we’re all just sitting there like this." -Emma Stone on Hunger Games



Insurgent
Release Date: March 20, 2015                Status: Post-production

Beatrice Prior must confront her inner demons and continue her fight against a powerful alliance which threatens to tear her society apart.

Why I’m Excited: Because Insurgent was my favorite book in the Divergent series and I’m eager to see how they adapt it to the big screen! Though I am skeptical about Tris with short blondish hair, the first teaser trailer’s pretty cool.


 

Fallen
Release Date: 2015                               Status: Post-Production

A young girl finds herself in a reform school after therapy since she was blamed for the death of a young boy. At the school she finds herself drawn to a fellow student, unaware that he is an angel, and has loved her for thousands of years.

Why I’m Excited: Because this is finally happening! This was one of the first books I read when I was getting back into YA five years ago. I didn’t think the movie was ever going to be made, then it looked like it was going to be a TV movie but now IMDB says it’s coming to theaters! Woot!
 

Also, ICYMI… Paper Towns is filming!


 

Also, two of my favorite YA books have been optioned! I’ll leave you with the awesome announcement:


No comments:

Post a Comment