Sunday, December 28, 2014

Top Ten Goals for 2015

In just four days (whaaaat?!?), my 2014 goal list will come down from it's designated spot above my desk. It'll be replaced with my 2015 goals! I still have to review what I accomplished in 2014, but I know I achieved some of my goals, didn’t achieve others and even set a couple aside. (The year I accomplish everything I set out to do will be one for the books!) Here’s the goals that will be hanging above my desk this coming year!

 

Writing
1. Edit my WIP, Aspen!

I wrote Aspen in NaNoWriMo 2014 and have a whole draft that’s just over 55000 words. It needs a lot of editing though, and some more meat! (Fifty thousand words is a little short for YA fantasy.) I also hope to give it to beta readers this year.
            Stretch goal: Query agents!

2. Participate in and win my fourth NaNoWriMo.
3. Write a short story and submit it for publication.

I’ve written a few short stories in my time, and I’ve entered a few contests but trying to get one published would be another way to work on my writing skills and gain experience in the submission and publication process.

 
Reading
4. Read 60 books

            Stretch goal: 70 books
5. Read the Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot

Last year I re-read the Harry Potter series and this year I decided to continue the tradition of re-reading a series. I’ll make sure to include Royal Wedding which comes out on June 2!
6. Read 7 diverse books.

Last May I decided to support the #WeNeedDiverseBooks campaign by reading more diverse books. I pledged to read eight books, but only managed to read four by the end of the year. I'm setting the goal a little lower for 2015 in hopes I'll get to all seven books!
7. Read 7 books from my own bookshelf that I have yet to read.

I started this in 2014 and read four books from my own shelf. I own plenty of books that I haven't read (unfortunately!), so I'm picking seven to read in 2015. 

           
Internets
8. Keep posting weekly on my blog, which will turn three in May!
9. Comment on five other blogs each month in an effort to connect with other readers and writers.
10. Continue being active on Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram.


Happy 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment